Tuesday, August 19, 2008

the beginning

There's three meanings wrapped up in the title of this blog... 'convex', which is the shape of my body right now, one month before birth; 'vexation', since this is a place to write on vexing (or at least, thought-provoking) subjects; and 'conversation', even if it only ends up being with myself.
I wanted an outlet to keep my mind alive, a new challenge, and a place to explore thoughts, while I experience so much change in my life.  
But, no, it isn't the change that worries me: I've done change, it's the speciality of my generation, changing jobs, cities, and relationships in search of something 'better'.  What really shakes me is the permanency of what I'm beginning... the irreversibility. 

1 comment:

Mlle La Revolution des Cache-Pots said...

HI Emily, I got your comment for the tea cosy give away, thanks for that!

How are you feeling now that baby is here? Is he growing so fast you cannot believe it? Is he walking yet? Babbling in ways that only you can understand? Its such a precious time, I hope you're finding it enjoyable and not just tiring?!
I'll be in Melbourne on the weekend of the 28th January for a Craft Vic market, I'm having a stall with another maker-friend, so perhaps we can make a tentative date for a cup of tea at the Chinese Art Gallery you took me to last time? Would be great to see you again, and meet baby! xxx Tara